Thai Massage is not just for professionals, or for people looking to take up bodywork practices. Yes, it can provide a great way to earn money and help others at the same time, yet more than that it’s an incredible life-skill.
Touch is something that we are consistently deprived of in our society – we need touch to thrive and to be optimally healthy. Learning skilled touch makes us much more likely to make physical contact with others more common in our lives. And so many great things happen when we use compassionate touch more often! It’s an unparalleled mode of communication, it develops a greater sense of confidence, trust, and problem solving abilities – just to name a few. It also has the ability to strengthen relationships with friends, partners and family members. A pretty awesome set of characteristics right?
On top of that here are just a few ways that Thai Massage can change your life, even without a desire to practice commercially:
- Reduced Stress – you really get all the benefits of a regular massage, plus more! It’s a great way to get rid of your everyday tension and at the same time ultimately save money by working with a friend or family member instead of going in for a treatment. One of the biggest things we focus on as well is “Slowing it Down” – something that on it’s own can help to reduce stress.
- You get to move your body too as the “giver” – one of the great things about Thai Massage is that it gets you moving as the person delivering the massage. Our bodies are designed to move and ultimately this will contribute positively to your range of movement and simply by giving, you should be able to alleviate some of your own tensions.
- Greater self-awareness – both from giving and receiving, we start to understand our own bodies more, where we hold tensions, and on top of that we continuously take slow, deep breaths to calm our thoughts and become focused on our own positioning relative to our partners’ and our own internal rhythms.
- Immunity boost – physical contact plays a very important role in the immune response, and many studies have found improved immune responses resulting from regular massage.
- As a larger context, it goes towards raising awareness about positive, compassionate touch in the world. Reconnecting with our innate social nature not only gives us all of these things listed above, but it also gives us a sense of belonging, a sense of community – and that’s immeasurably valuable.
Thai Massage really is for everyone – all of these reasons and more can highlight that! The best part of all of it is that we’ve got formats of study that are easily accessible to everyone! We’ve even put together an online course for you if you’re looking to be introduced to this amazing practice!
To find out more about the awesome nature of Thai Massage, keep reading with “3 Ways Thai Massage Enhances Self-Awareness“, “How Thai Massage Can Change Your Life“, and “The 4 Ways Giving Thai Massage Actually Helps Your Body“.